Study Visa

Study Visa

Studying in Canada is a great opportunity for anyone seeking world class education. A Canadian credential is recognized around the globe and guaranteed to open professional opportunities that otherwise might not be realized. The cost of Canadian post - secondary education is often comparatively lower than other countries, living standards are higher and Canada is one of the safest countries in the world in which to live a satisfactory life.

The Student Visa process start with selecting a program from a college or university based on your career aspirations and then appliying for a selected course. Once you receive the acceptance letter from the institution of your choice, you are ready with permission to enter into Canada as a student.

In most cases, you will need a Study Permit but, there are instances that you can study without a study permit too. Ardent is dedicated to assist those who wish to pursue studies in Canada with or without a study permit.

Applying for Student Visa involves numerous and tedious documentation and processes, which would be complicated and time consuming. That is why you need us.

Study with a Study Permit

If you are selected to a program at a Canadian educational institute, in most of the cases you will need a study permit to study in Canada. This is not a visa. It is a document issued by IRCC allowing foreign nationals to study in Canada for a specific period of time.

Accompany your spouse and/or children in to Canada while you study

If you hold a study permit, you may accompany your spouse and/or children to Canada. Also, your spouse may be eligible to apply for an open work permit which allows your spouse to work in Canada full-time while your study.

A Study Permit also allows you to work up to 20 hours per week or on full-time basis during regular breaks, while you study.

If you wish to change your course or school or both after getting your initial study permit, you do have the option of changing your program and/or the college or both.

Study without a Study Permit

There are several instances where a foreign national is allowed to study without a Study Permit. In that case, you only need a visa. Such instances include:

  • 1. Programs of six months or less in duration
  • 2. Family or staff members of a foreign representative accredited by the global affairs of Canada
  • 3. Members of the force of a country designated for the purpose of the Visiting Forces Act
  • 4. Minor children attending preschool or kindergarten
  • 5. Citizens of another country with Registered Indians status in Canada
  • 6. Minor children who are refugees or refugee claimant or whose parents are refugees or refugee claimants
  • 7. Minor children in Canada accompanied by a parent who is allowed to work or study in Canada, and will attend preschool, primary or secondary school. (In Quebec CAQ may be required)

Provided that you graduated from a designated learning Institute (DLI), upon the completion of studies, you may be eligible to obtain a Postgraduate Work Permit, which allows you to work in Canada after your studies, allowing you to gain Canadian experience under a legal status in Canada.

For this, your study program must be a minimum of eight months in duration. There are however, other requirements to be fulfilled inorder for you to be eligile to apply for a Postgraduate Work Permit.

Click here to find out more about studying without a Study Permit.

Transition to Permanent Residence

In the event you study in Canada and obtain a Postgraduate Work Permit, thereafter, you shall be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada, under the Canadian Experience class, since a Postgraduate Work Permit allows you to gain work experience within Canada.

If you study in Canada, you may have the opportunity to either work while studying or to work upon the completion of studies, where the experience acquired will help you to improve your profile in Express Entry system allowing you to have more chance of getting an invitation to apply. Canadian education and experience shall also be considered a vitiating factor in different Provincial Nominee Programs depending on where you study, work and also the Permanent Residency program you apply for.

Therefore, it is very important to understand the strategies of transitioning into a permanent resident if you decide to make Canada your home upon the completion of your studies.

If you wish to live in Canada upon the completion of your studies, click here, to get an insight about the chances you stand.